In addition to being a simple electronic gadget for making calls, it serves as your alarm clock in the morning and a reminder of important dates like birthdays and meetings. So, if there are issues with the IPHONE 6S Won’t Charge, what will you do?
Your daily schedule would undoubtedly become chaotic. Your connectivity with the outside world would be temporarily cut off due to the iPhone 6’s charging issue, causing you to be late for meetings, miss flights, and miss important calls. Anything might happen.
Your iPhone 6’s charging issues could be caused by a variety of factors. When such iPhone 6s charging troubles occur, you shouldn’t freak out. Knowing the problems will make it easier for you to resolve them and enable flawless iPhone operation.
- utilising a lighting cable and adapter that are not Apple-approved.
- a buildup of dust on the charging port.
- software failure
- using lighting cable that is faulty or broken.
- On the charging port, liquid or water gathered.
- beyond the charging cycle of the battery.
- 1 Check the lightening cable
- 2 Change a different iPhone charger
- 3 Clean iPhone charging port
- 4 Restore iPhone in DFU mode
- 5 Hard reboot iPhone
- 6 iTunes restore
Check the lightening cable
The security and sensitivity of iPhones are unmatched. Because of this, the vast majority of iOS devices only function with accessories that have received an Apple certification. Avoid issues with the iPhone 6/6s/6 Plus not charging by using a certified lighting cable that is compatible with your iPhone.
Using a cheap connection to save a few bucks might have a significant influence on the iPhone’s battery life, ability to function efficiently, or software integrity. These steps will help you resolve the problem with your iPhone’s battery charging.
- For signs of damage, such as bent or broken prongs, thoroughly inspect the cable. Replace any such signs straight away with brand-new ones if you see them.
- If there are no obvious signs of damage, plug the cable into the converter and into a power socket.
- The iPhone should then be plugged in and the switch should be turned on. Let it charge for 30 minutes.
- Attempt utilising a different power source if it doesn’t charge the phone.
- If charging doesn’t appear to be happening, try an alternative lightning cable. You probably need to switch out
- your cable with an original Apple one if the second one charges the iPhone.
- Your phone won’t get more power if you connect it to a cable that can handle a different voltage than the one your iPhone battery is intended to tolerate.
Change a different iPhone charger
Just now, we spoke about how to fix the charging issues with the iPhone 6/6s/6 Plus when the charging cord malfunctions. However, you need to perform the following things if your adapter prevents your iPhone 6 from charging.
- Make sure you are charging your iPhone using the original charger or an Apple-approved adapter.
- Connect your iPhone to the adapter via the lightning cable, and then plug it into an outlet. If the adapter you have doesn’t work to charge your phone, try a different one.
- If it starts charging immediately, your charger is defective.
- Invest in an Apple-approved third-party charger or an original iPhone charger for seamless charging of your smartphone.
- Get rid of any subpar adapters you were using to charge your phone so as to avoid damaging it or shortening its
- lifespan. It is better to spend money now on high-quality accessories than to regret it later.
Clean iPhone charging port
There are a number of reasons why your iPhone 6/6s/6 plus can stop charging, and they aren’t necessarily connected to the cord or adapter. Sometimes the issue is obvious, but we are utterly unaware of what led to the phone’s strange behaviour.
- Clean the charging port with a clean cloth or softly blow air on it if there is any debris, liquid, or water present.
- In order for the phone to charge, any moisture should be absorbed with an absorbent towel.
- Try wiping out any debris in the port with a soft cloth if there is any.
- The charging cable should now be securely inserted into your iPhone.
- Give the device 30 minutes to charge. If the iPhone 6 charging problem persists, professional assistance is needed.
Restore iPhone in DFU mode
When you’ve tried the three techniques listed above to get your iPhone to charge and nothing has worked, you can choose to restore your iPhone in DFU mode.
- Turn off your iPhone first, then connect it to your computer and start iTunes. Your iPhone is visible in the top right corner.
- Press and hold the Home and Sleep/Wake buttons simultaneously for 8 to 10 seconds.
- Holding the “Home” button for a few more seconds after releasing the “Sleep/Wake” button.
- The iPhone would now have a black screen, but it would still be visible on iTunes.
- It indicates that you have successfully accessed DFU mode.
- Now, “Click” on “Summary” and then “Click” on “Restore iPhone” to restore in DFU mode.
- When the pop-up asks for your approval, click “Restore.” Your iPhone 6 Plus’s charging problem should be fixed after the restore.
Hard reboot iPhone
The problem with the iPhone charging is not particularly difficult to fix. Knowing the finest solutions to solve the problem would reduce your difficulties and restore your iPhone to working order.
Let’s now examine how to solve the iPhone 6/6s/6 Plus not charging issues when everything appears to be in order but the device doesn’t buzz when it’s about to charge. These are the procedures for performing an iPhone hard reset.
For iPhone 6 and older models
- Try these methods if your iPhone 6 is having charging issues. For roughly 10 seconds, hold down the Home and Sleep/Wake buttons on your iPhone simultaneously.
- When the Apple logo displays on the screen, release the buttons.
iPhone 7/8 and iPhone 7/8 plus
- On your iPhone Press while holding simultaneously the “Sleep/Wake” & “Volume Down” buttons.
- When you see the Apple logo on the screen, release the buttons.
iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X
- Press and immediately release “Volume Up” button.
- Now press & immediately release button “Volume Down”.
- Once the Apple logo appears, hit “Sleep/Wake” button one last time.
After you have tried all of the ways given above, there is still another way to fix the iPhone 6/6s/6 Plus not charging issue.
Although a hard reset of the iOS device should have resolved the problem, there is no need for alarm. A different viable option can be tried without risk. To reset your phone using iTunes, get ready to follow this step-by-step guide.
- Launch iTunes after connecting your iPhone to your computer. As soon as iTunes detects your iPhone, click on it.
- To continue, select the “Restore iPhone” option under the “Summary” tab in iTunes. Choose “Restore” to confirm your choices.
- Try wiping out any debris in the port if there is any with a soft cloth.
- Upon completion of the restore procedure, the iPhone will resume with its factory default settings. Watch the battery level closely from this point on to determine whether the iPhone 6 charging problem still exists.
Go to Apple Store for further help
- after exhausting all of the methods we’ve provided above and still being unable to fix your iPhone 6/6s/6 Plus not charging issue. We advise you to stop by and contact the Apple Store.
- Because an Apple Store will direct you to the best solution if your iPhone 6s is still not charging after using genuine Apple charging accessories and trying the following reset options.
- There are occasions when issues arise, such as the iPhone 6 Plus not charging, and if your iPhone is still covered by warranty, the damaged accessories or your iPhone may be replaced without charge.
I’ll be thinking of you while you try to charge your iPhone 6S Won’t Charge? and bring it near to a full charge. I’m here to support you, and I’m curious about how you handled the IPHONE 6S Won’t Charge issue.